Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Always Hate the Beginning...

It's so hard to start off well without falling back on reliable staples. Some people try and draw comparisons or they'll try to set up their credibility or knowledge. Every so often, they start you with something from the end and then, when you're like "What the hell is going on?!" and then they hit you with a "48 hours earlier..." screen.

I like it short and sweet so I can get to what I'm here to do: talk about games.

Video games, card games, board games. I've got things to say, and things to show. Let's be clear: I'm not reviewing games. That's not what I'm here for. I can't tell you whether you will like a game or not, so I'm not going to bother. But I think Video Game Music deserves more credit. I think glowing red is not an acceptable substitute for a clear life bar. I think even bad games can have merits, and sometimes a bad game can do something amazing... It's just still a bad game.

In any case, you'll see a lot from me. My obsessions, my interests, the little things. And every so often you might get a piece of creative writing. I'm currently working on a piece about Professor Layton. I'm not talking about Fan Fiction, although I suppose it is in the loosest sense. I'm talking about something... well, different. You'll see.

Any questions? Care to get to know me? Feel free to hit me up the comments. Also feel free to follow my frequent quick-rants on Twitter @docrandle

No comments:

Post a Comment