Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Three Dee Ess has Landed

I'm going to keep this one simple and sweet. I've spent a lot of time with my 3DS so far, and in short, it's pretty awesome. The built in software is great, the 3D looks way better than I thought it was going to, and even in 2D the games are looking pretty solid.

The software lineup isn't stellar, but it's doing me well so far. Street Fighter is pretty fun, and I'm really digging Pilotwings. People are criticising teh lineup alot, and while I agree it's not the greatest immediate batch of games, it's probably one of the better launches for a console. Way better than the original DS line up was.

I have some complaints about the 3ds, and it's mostly the finish. It's way to attracted to fingerprints, which makes it subject to looking kinda grody after a while. Also, and this one is more for me personally, I've been spending a lot of time with the DSi XL, so the small screens are getting used to. I say small, but they're comparable to the DSLite screens, only wider at top.

So that's it in a nutshell. Obviously you're the only one who can decide whether you think it's worth it or not. That's just my two copper on the whole thing.

And here's my friend code: 5412 - 9891 - 9098

Feel free to leave yours down in the comments.

Make it a good one.
-Doc

No comments:

Post a Comment