Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Super Smash Bros. The Next Generation - Day 14

Space Pirates ride Dinosaurs into the Colosseum. 

  Servers are down, so I figured now would be the best time to get this drawn up and posted.

Yoshi


  Smash Bros. Brawl took the right measures towards making Yoshi a viable combatant again, so there really isn't much left to do with him. His Final Smash of going into all his Super Mario World powers was awesome, so the only thing left for our dino friend is an alternate costume. I was thinking maybe dress him up like Boshi from Super Mario RPG, and I still like that one, but a more unique costume swap would be turning him into a Dachora from Super Metroid.


Space Pirate


  I'm not typically keen on the idea of throwing in generic characters into Smash. Even the Pokemon chosen are meant to be specific characters. But the Metroid series doesn't have the biggest list of named characters, so I decided that we'd go with a member of Samus' biggest enemy, the Space Pirates. They've got cool ranged firepower, up close thrashability, and a surprising agility. They would be very unique combatants in the field of Smash. Not to mention, they've already got costume swaps between their more 2D crab-handed selves, and the more intense Metroid Prime designs (Similar to the one above). I'm a bit helpless on the Final Smash, though. This would probably be one of those left field ones that Sakurai comes up with.

Pokemon Stadium 3


   I really need to invest in a scanner. Stupid move coming up next month. I've got a lot of these stage ideas sketched out to give you a better idea of what's in my head. As soon as I can I plan on running back down all of these articles with them, but that might be a while. Oh well. Instead, here's a picture of the current Pokemon Stadium, and here's what I want to do with it: More elements!

  Sure, I know, it's the safe bet. but a sequelized stage isn't such a bad thing. I mean, we can change up the background to the new Elite Four local from Black/White, but in the end, it's a big platform that shifts on occaision. GIven the Pokemon types that have been used so far...let's see what's left!

  Ghost - The stage turns into a sort of haunted house with shifting and disappearing platforms. A real trick of a place filled with Gengars and Rotoms.

  Steel - A towering series of metal buildings forming unique structures, perhaps akin to a personal Melee favorite stage Fourside.

  Dragon - Dragon type Pokemon converging around an old japanese-style structure surrounded by water and rocks, akin to the Dragon's Den in Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver.

  Bug - Tall grass crawling with creepy, crawly "NOPENOPENOPE!" type Pokemon, also helping to hide smaller combatants.

  Psychic - Levitating platforms powered by psychic Pokemon, perhaps featuring a reduced gravity or floating panels to wall-jump along or block poorly aimed knock-out attempts.

  Fighting - The stadium converts into a tatami-mat gym with wrestling ring ropes on either side that fighters can bounce off of. Perhaps training equipment such as Mr. Sandbag can be found scattered all over the place.

  Poison - A treacherous cloud of haze that harms anybody who enters it by ticking up their damage counter floats around a sickly, swampy environment.

  Dark - The lights go out in the stadium, as only a few Pokemon illuminate the platforms required for survival.

The Sound-scape of Pokemon Stadium 3


Pokemon Black/White - Team Plasma Battle


  I thought Team Galactic would have the best combat music in Pokemon, but Team Plasma showed me wrong.

Pokemon Black/White - Legendary Battle


  My favorite part is when the drum kind of slows down and then builds up. I don't know if there's a musical term for that, I never studied music that much. I just know I really like it.

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver - Global Terminal


  Trade Center rave, everybody!

Pokemon Platinum - Cynthia's Theme


  I know i'm rather battle-heavy with the music this time, but I think this is a good stage for it.

Pokemon Gold/Silver - Battle with Red


  Silver and Gold were snubbed in the previous Smash, so I think this time they deserve a little bit of a boost.

  Gotta catch 'em all. What ideas do you have for songs or Pokemon stages? Drop a comment like a hot potato.


-Make it a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment