Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Super Smash Bros. The Next Generation - Day 24

The Monk and the Prince! Battle Atop a High Mountain!


  I just finished watching one of the most balls out awesome trailers for Anarchy Reigns. Stay to the end for a special Newcomer announcement to this insane title.

The Veteran - Lucario



  If I were a betting man, I would bet that we lose Lucario to a Generation 5 Pokemon, rather than cutting out Pikachu, Jigglypuff, or the Pokemon Trainer. I can't say I'd necessarily disagree with the decision to do so, but I would be bummed. I already lost Mewtwo, and I rather like Lucario's gameplay. Still, let's focus on what the blue fox thing that is mysteriously also part metal would do in a new Smash.

  Well, honestly, aside from a slightly less terrible recovery-dash, I'd say Lucario is pretty much fine the way he is. Project M disagrees with me, having completely redesigned the character, but I'm rather happy with his monk style of combat the way it is. It makes more sense given his characteristics. Oh but I do need a costume swap. Uhm. How about Blaziken, another fighting type, whose "aura" could be red fire instead. Works for me! Actually.. I quite like that... Hm...

The (Fabulous) Newcomer - Ghirahim



  Does anybody else feel like this guy has a Labyrinth to run?

  Ghirahim was actually an incredibly enjoyable character just to watch in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. He animated gorgeously, but then so did everybody else in that game. His true nature revealed at the end was also an awesome twist, which makes for a great Costume Swap.

  Obviously Ghirahim is going to be a finesseful sword fighter, wielding a rapier, maybe even two. One of his specials can involve summoning his little magic darts. His Down+B can be the "sword catch" as a counter. His Up+B can be that sweet looking diamond teleport of his. For a big finish, Ghirahim can summon The Imprisoned to stomp around the stage until enough damage is dealt to his little column on his forehead, turning this Final Smash into more of a mini-boss.

The Stage - King DeDeDe's Castle



  Inside DeDeDe's castle is a stage for combat; a giant wrestling ring. In Kirby: Super Star Ultra, when you do the Return of the King scenario, the ring becomes electrified and far more dangerous. Either way, this stage would make a hazard-filled, bouncy-walled place for a great Smash stage.

Music Fit for a King


Kirby's Epic Yarn - King DeDeDe's Theme


  (Sorry for the low quality) Obviously we're going to use King DeDeDe's theme, and this is probably the best version that exists.

Kirby's Adventure - Forest Theme


  Sure, it's a slower tune, but it's still a more mysterious, shadier tone, perfect for DeDeDe.

Kirby 64 - Dark Matter's Castle


  Don't tell the King I said this, but Dark Matter's castle has a way sweeter soundtrack.

Kirby 64 - Battle with Miracle Matter


  This theme is begging for a good remix. Maybe something with a Drum and Bass fix, or (dare I say it) a little dubstep?

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Lava Landing


  Featuring one of the best piano solo's I've ever heard, it's Lava Landing! I will put this song everywhere I have to for it to be in a new Smash Bros. title.

Kirby's Adventure - Nightmare


  To this day, this remains one of my alll-time favorite chip tunes. I can't decide if it needs to be left this way or spruced up for a stage. Maybe both.

And so ends my work today. I'll be back with another stack of blogs tomorrow as I continue catching up! Thanks for your patience.


-Make it a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment